Victor P. Salandini papers, 1949-1992
- Physical description
- 5.75 linear feet
At the library
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
- Salandini, Victor P.
- Finding aid
- Finding aid available online
- Organization & arrangement
- Series: I. Personal Papers, 1952-1974; II. Reference Files, 1949-1972. Addition to collection (93-032) at end in box 13.
- Biographical information, correspondence, personal files relating to parish work with Mexican Americans, research on California farm labor problems, and teaching materials, together with reference files on farm labor topics such as organizations, legislation, statistical studies, etc.
- Anderson, Jim.
- Brown, Edmund G. (Edmund Gerald), 1905-1996.
- Burgos, Hector.
- Chavez, Cesar, 1927-1993.
- Crosby, Bing, 1903-1977.
- Galarza, Ernesto, 1905-1984.
- Huerta, Dolores.
- Salandini, Victor P.
- Vizzard, James L.
- Agricultural Workers Organizing Committee.
- Cardijn Center.
- Catholic Church > California.
- United Farm Workers.
- Agricultural laborers > California.
- Agriculture > Imperial Valley (Calif. and Mexico)
- Labor disputes > California.
- Labor laws and legislation > California.
- Mexican Americans > Civil rights.
- Mexican Americans > Political activity.
- Mexicans > United States.
- Local subject
- Mexican American studies.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 36 hours in advance of intended use.
- Gift of Victor P. Salandini, 1973, 1987 and 1993.
- Related materials: Victor P. Salandini papers, 1952-1989 (M0686)
- Fr. Salandini was born 12 August 1927 and was ordained a Roman Catholic priest in 1952. He worked as a farm labor organizer in California during the 1960s, and later completed scholarly research on the Imperial Valley lettuce strike of 1961 and the effects of termination of Public Law 78 (the bracero program) between 1965 and 1967. From 1969 to 1971 he was Research Director for the United Farm Workers Organizing Committee. He is currently Chaplain for the United Farm Workers and the Cardijn Center, San Diego.
- Cumulative index or finding aid
- Finding aid available in Special Collections Reading Room and online.