Emma Smith diaries, 1819-1858
- Physical description
- 2 linear feet
At the library
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
- Smith, Emma, -1858.
- Finding aid
- Finding aid available online
- Diaries, travel journals, and sketchbooks (1819-1855) providing a detailed and sustained account of Emma Smith's daily life. Also included are papers regarding disposal of her property, her funeral account, and a printed copy of MANUAL OF NOBILITY.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 36 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased, 1978.
- Emma Smith was an Englishwoman who lived at Tring Park, Hertfordshire and Glenville near Southhampton in the nineteenth century. She made regular trips to Europe during her lifetime.
- Cumulative index or finding aid
- Finding aid available in Special Collections Reading Room and online (item level control).