Visitation of the monastery of Lavega, Spain, 1491
- Latin. In Latin, with title in Spanish on verso.
- Physical description
- 1 item (77 lines): vellum; 35 cm. folded to 14 x 34 cm.
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|MISC 0080||In-library use|
- Corporate Author
- Catholic Church. Pope (1484-1492 : Innocent VIII)
- Pertains to the visitation and reformation of this monastery made at the request of Catholic Majesties Don Hernando (Ferdinand V) and Doña Isabel (Isabella I) and with the authorizations of Pope Innocenzo VIII and the Cistercian Order. The official visit was carried out by Abbot Peter of Clairvaux. The manuscript describes the observance of the divine offices and liturgical procedures. The signatures and seals are not present.
- Ferdinand V, King of Spain, 1452-1516.
- Innocent VIII, Pope, 1432-1492.
- Isabella I, Queen of Spain, 1451-1504.
- Peter, Abbot of Clairvaux.
- Cistercians > History.
- Visitations, Ecclesiastical.
- Clairvaux (Abbey) > History.
- France > History > Charles VIII, 1483-1498.
- Lavega (Spain)
- Spain > History > Ferdinand and Isabella, 1479-1516.
- Publication date
- Reported to: Bibliothèque Nationale pre-1600 manuscript census.
- Purchased, 1980.