Letter, 1507 June 25, Florence
- to Francesco Vettori.
- Italian. In Italian, Italic hand.
- Physical description
- 1 item (2 leaves); 29 cm.
The Manuscripts Division of the Department of Special Collections at Stanford University Library exists to arrange, describe, preserve, and make available documents of enduring historic value, both as intellectual items \n and as historical artifacts, to support the research needs of the undergraduates, graduate students, faculty and other scholars at Stanford University and beyond.
- Adriani, Marcello Virgilio.
- Written on behalf of the Florentine Republic, this letter instructs Vettori to travel to Germany where he is to gain an audience with Emperor Maximilian and attempt to learn the intents of the Emperor vis à vis Rome.
- Publication date
- Reported to: Bibliothèque Nationale pre-1600 manuscript census.
- The recipient of this letter, Francesco Vettori (1485-1528), a humanist, was the intimate friend of Machiavelli.
- Purchased, 1978.