Letter, 1507 June 25, Florence
- to Francesco Vettori.
- Italian. In Italian, Italic hand.
- Physical description
- 1 item (2 leaves); 29 cm.
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|MISC 0076||In-library use|
- Adriani, Marcello Virgilio.
- Written on behalf of the Florentine Republic, this letter instructs Vettori to travel to Germany where he is to gain an audience with Emperor Maximilian and attempt to learn the intents of the Emperor vis à vis Rome.
- Publication date
- Reported to: Bibliothèque Nationale pre-1600 manuscript census.
- The recipient of this letter, Francesco Vettori (1485-1528), a humanist, was the intimate friend of Machiavelli.
- Purchased, 1978.