Historia scholastica : manuscript fragment
- Latin. In Latin.
- [Northern France, end of 12th century]
- Physical description
- 2 conjugate leaves (a total of 8 columns of 56-60 lines each): vellum; 24 cm.
- Petrus, Comestor, active 12th century
- These two leaves form part of the New Testament portion of the HISTORIA.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Highly abbreviated early Gothic minuscule.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Reported to: Bibliothèque Nationale pre-1600 manuscript census.
- Petrus Comestor (known as "Peter the eater" because of his large appetite for knowledge) was a native of Troyes, born circa 1100-1110. A synthesizer, his work diffused rapidly throughout Europe and remained a dominant standard text in the curricula of the rapidly growing universities of Europe.
Browse related items
Start at call number: