Perugia (Italy), Court of the Podestà records, 1290-1386
- Latin. In Latin.
- Physical description
- 48 folios in 45 folders, representing 44 cases: 23 are complete, 21 are fragmentary; .25 linear ft.
- Corporate Author
- Court of the Podestà. Perugia, Italy.
- Organization & arrangement
- Arranged chronologically.
- Mainly accusations or condemnations made before, or issued by, the podestà of Perugia. They involve cases of moral conduct, violence, robbery, armed threat, drunkenness, and disorderly conduct.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- There is a photographic copy of one document, recto and verso; the location of its original is unknown.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 36 hours in advance of intended use.
- Reported to: Bibliothèque Nationale pre-1600 manuscript census.
- These folios once belonged to a series of codices which were, at an unknown time in the past, fragmented and dispersed. Gift of the Associates of the Stanford University Libraries, 1975.
- These court records were written by a number of notaries whose signs (the origin of notarial seals) decorate the upper left-hand corners of many of the documents.