De officiis: Libri tres
- Latin, Italian. In Latin; the allocution on the last two leaves is partly in Italian. The script is Gothica textualis bastarda.
- [Italy, latter half of the 15th cent.]
- Physical description
- 1 v. (122 leaves): 22 cm.
- Cicero, Marcus Tullius.
- This manuscript contains the complete text of DE OFFICIIS, followed by the poetic funeral epitaphs for Cicero's tomb by the "duodecim sapientes."
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- There are substantial interlinear and marginal notations by a hand different from, but roughly contemporaneous with, the text.
- Reported to: Bibliothèque Nationale pre-1600 manuscript census.
- Marcus Tullius Cicero lived from 106 to 43 B.C. He originally wrote De officiis for the instruction of his son Marcus.
- Purchased, 1971.