Bucolics, Georgics, and the Aeneid
- Latin. In Latin, cursive humanistica script by Johannes Urbanus.
- [Florence, latter half of the 15th century.]
- Physical description
- 1 v. (178 leaves): parchment; 25 cm.
The Manuscripts Division of the Department of Special Collections at Stanford University Library exists to arrange, describe, preserve, and make available documents of enduring historic value, both as intellectual items \n and as historical artifacts, to support the research needs of the undergraduates, graduate students, faculty and other scholars at Stanford University and beyond.
- Copied here are Virgil's chief works.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Reported to: Bibliothèque Nationale pre-1600 manuscript census.
- Publius Virgilius Maro, 70-19 B.C., Roman poet.
- Gift of the estate of Henry Rushton Fairclough, 1940.