Horae Beatae Mariae Virginis
The Manuscripts Division of the Department of Special Collections at Stanford University Library exists to arrange, describe, preserve, and make available documents of enduring historic value, both as intellectual items \n and as historical artifacts, to support the research needs of the undergraduates, graduate students, faculty and other scholars at Stanford University and beyond.
- Corporate Author
- Catholic Church.
- Included are the following parts: Calendar, Officium Sanctae Crucis, Horae de Sancto Spirito, Missa Beatae Mariae Virginis, Horae ... secundum Romanae Ecclesiae, Psalmi Poenitentiari, Vigilie mortuorum, Oratio, and, by a different hand, prayers of Saint Colette. The initials are particularly well executed, as are the borders.
- Colette, Saint, 1381-1447.
- Catholic Church > Liturgy.
- Catholic Church. Book of hours.
- Illumination of books and manuscripts, Renaissance > Belgium.
- Initials > History.
- Belgium > History > To 1555.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Reported to: Bibliothèque Nationale pre-1600 manuscript census.
- Purchased, 1939.
- Books of Hours, derived from the Church's liturgy, were used by lay persons as personal prayer books to follow, in their own manner, the Church's program of daily devotion.
- Related Work
- Book of Hours.