Horae Beatae Mariae Virginis
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|MSS CODEX M0379 CB||In-library use|
- Corporate Author
- Catholic Church.
- Included are the following parts: Calendar, Officium Sanctae Crucis, Horae de Sancto Spirito, Missa Beatae Mariae Virginis, Horae ... secundum Romanae Ecclesiae, Psalmi Poenitentiari, Vigilie mortuorum, Oratio, and, by a different hand, prayers of Saint Colette. The initials are particularly well executed, as are the borders.
- Colette, Saint, 1381-1447.
- Catholic Church > Liturgy.
- Catholic Church. Book of hours.
- Illumination of books and manuscripts, Renaissance > Belgium.
- Initials > History.
- Belgium > History > To 1555.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Reported to: Bibliothèque Nationale pre-1600 manuscript census.
- Purchased, 1939.
- Books of Hours, derived from the Church's liturgy, were used by lay persons as personal prayer books to follow, in their own manner, the Church's program of daily devotion.
- Related Work
- Book of Hours.