[Temptations of the World] : manuscript fragment of a religious text
- Latin. In Latin.
- Northern Italy?, circa 1200
- Physical description
- 1 item (4 p.): vellum; 260 x 175 mm.
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|MISC 0083||In-library use|
The Manuscripts Division of the Department of Special Collections at Stanford University Library exists to arrange, describe, preserve, and make available documents of enduring historic value, both as intellectual items \n and as historical artifacts, to support the research needs of the undergraduates, graduate students, faculty and other scholars at Stanford University and beyond.
- A fragment of an unidentified devotional text treating the dangers of worldly temptations occasioned to the believer in the Christian life by the vices of the world.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Rounded Carolingian-Gothic textata hand.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Reported to: Bibliothèque Nationale pre-1600 ms. census.
- Purchased from the Rendells, 1979. Accession 1979-009.