Ambrose, 1928-1932 [sound recording].
- Richmond, Surrey : World Records, [197-].
- Physical description
- 2 sound discs : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, mono. ; 12 in.
- Retrospect series.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
|WORLD RECORDS SH 211||In-library use|
- Ambrose, 1897-1971 Performer
- 1. Without you, sweetheart / de Sylva, Brown, Henderson
- I'm riding to flory / Dixon, Woods
- If I had you / Shapiro, Campbell, Connelly
- Singapore sorrows / Le Soir, Doll
- Moanin' for you / Goulding, Dougherty
- A Japanese dream / Fields, McHugh
- 'Leven-thirty Saturday night / Burtnett, Grantham, Kirkpatrick
- Cryin' for the Carolines / Lewis, Young, Warren
- Yes yes (my baby says yes) / Conrad, Friend
- The didn't believe me / Kern, Rourke
- Whistling in the dark / Suesse
- I'm thru' with love / Malneck, Livingstone, Kahn
- Ho hum / Suesse, Heyman
- I don't know why (I just do) / Turk, Ahlert
- You rascal you / Theard
- Dancing in the dark / Dietz, Schwartz --
- 2. The "free and easy" / Turk, Ahlert
- Stardust / Carmichael
- Half caste woman / Coward
- Blue again / McHugh
- Moonlight saving time / Kahal, Richman
- Blue, turning grey over you / Razaf, Waller
- Good evenin' / Seymour, O'Flynn, Hoffman ; arr. Grossmann
- Bye bye blues / Hamm, Bennett, Lown, Gray
- Soft lights and swett music / Berlin
- When Yuba plays the rumba on the tuba / Hupfeld
- Isn't it romantic / Hart, Rodgers
- Pu-leeze Mister Hemingway / Drake, Kent, Silver
- Old man of the mountain / Brown, Young
- Too many tears / Dubin, Warren
- Is I in love? I is / Mercer, Cook, Robinson
- Let's put out the lights / Hupfeld.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Title Variation
- Title from container: Ambrose and his orchestra
- Retrospect series
- Dance orchestra music.
- "From the Golden age of British Dance Bands."
- Biographical notes on container.
- Ambrose and his orchestra.
- Recorded between 1928 and 1932 at the Mayfair Hotel, London.
- Publisher Number
- SH 211 World Records
- SH 212 World Records