Thanhouser classics. Volume 2, A Mutual Film Corporation, 1912-1914 [videorecording].
- Portland, OR : Thanhouser Company Film Preservation, Inc., c1996.
- Physical description
- 1 videocassette (86 min.) : sd., b&w. ; 1/2 in.
- The cry of the children (1912, 29 min.) / directed by George O. Nichols; with Marie Eline; Ethel Wright, James Cruze, Lila H. Chester
- Petticoat camp (1912, 15 min.) / with Florence LaBadie, William Garwood, the Jordan Sisters
- The Star of Bethlehem (1912,15 min.) / directed by Lawrence Marsdon; with Florence LaBadie, James Cruze William Russel, Harry Benham
- The Decoy (1914, 16 min.) / scenario by Philip Lonergan; with Charles Horan, Marie Rainford, Virginia Waite, Muriel Ostriche
- A Dog's love (1914, 11 min.) / directed by John Harvey; scenario by Nolan Gane; with Shep (the Thanhouser Collie), Helen Badgely, Arthur Bauer, Ethyle Cooke Behham, Fan Bourke.
- Five short films produced by the Thanhouser Company. The Cry of the Children is an important early film dealing with child labor, in which a poor working family tries to shield their youngest daughter from the horrors of the mills. In Petticoat camp, the men on a camping trip play while their wives get stuck with the work, so the women leave and set up their own camp. The Star of Bethlehem is the Nativity story. In The Decoy, an innocent country girl visits her cousins in the city, not suspecting that they are card sharps planning to user her as a decoy. In A Dog's love, a dog mourns the loss of his human playmate.
- Release date
- Production date
- Title Variation
- Mutual Film Corporation, 1912-1914
- Subtitle on cassette label: Under the Mutual banner
- Silent, with English intertitles and organ score.
- Production Credits
- Films originally produced by Thanhouser Company; produced for video by Edwin W. Thanhouser; music composed and performed by Andrew Crow.
- VHS format.
- Included Work
- Cry of the children.
- Petticoat camp.
- Star of Bethlehem.
- Dog's love.
Browse related items
Start at call number: