Talking visions : multicultural feminism in transnational age
- Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, 1998.
- Physical description
- 574 p.
- Shohat, Ella, 1959-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- This multivoiced collection of essays and images presents the perspectives of activists, scholars, artists, and curators from a broad range of constituencies. Challenging traditional disciplinary and cultural boundaries, the book moves beyond any unified feminist historical narrative to present "relational" feminism of diverse communities, affiliations, and practices. The texts/images partake of many genres: reflective essay, testimonial dialogue, performance piece, digital collage, prose poem and photomontage. Forging connections between usually compartmentalized areas of knowledge and of activism, the volume helps us to envision alternative epistemologies and imaginative alliances.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Ella Shohat ; foreword by Marcia Tucker.
- 0262692058 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780262692052 (pbk. : alk. paper)