Song of the sea
- by Janet M. Dunbar.
- Uniform Title
- Song of the sea
- English. English words by Jacqueline Thurston; sections recited by performance poet presented as text (p. iv) with time cues for accompanying recorded sound.
- Physical description
- 1 score (vi, 98 leaves) ; 28 cm. + 1 sound disc (digital ; 4 3/4 in.)
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
Library has: 1 sound disc
|ACD 2||In-library use|
SAL3 (off-campus storage)
For use in Archive of Recorded Sound Request on-site access
Library has: 1 v.
|ML29.1 .D898||In-library use|
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
Library has: 1 v.
Library has: Supplement: 1 sound disc
|3781 1998 D||In-library use|
- Dunbar, Janet M.
- Thurston, Jacqueline.
- Stanford University. Department of Music. Projects. D.M.A. Final.
- Publication date
- For soprano, piano/synthesizer, guitar (acoustic or electric) and cello/celleto alternating with performance poet accompanied by recorded sound.
- Composer gives options of performing all sung and recited sections, only sung sections, only recited sections, or selected sung and recited sections.
- Text by Jacqueline Thurston.
- "Included with the melody in separate scores are the jazz harmonic progressions that were devised as a preliminary to the actual composition so that the five sung sections may be performed by jazz musicians as well as those who would prefer to simply read the score"--Abstract, p. iv.
- Accompanying sound disc includes collage of sampled environmental sounds and algorithmically-generated sounds to accompany recited sections.
- D.M.A. final project--Department of Music, Stanford University, 1998.
- Copyright by author.
Browse related items
Start at call number: