Pictures and visuality in early modern China
- Craig Clunas.
- Princeton, N.J. : Princeton University Press, 1997.
- Physical description
- 221 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Clunas, Craig.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 206-214) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- The sixteenth century in China was a period of rapid and unprecedented economic expansion. The period also saw a parallel expansion in the sphere of cultural production, as a growing class of consumers of luxury goods benefited from the formation of one of the classic early modern consumer societie.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- "Originally published in Great Britain by Reaktion Books Ltd ... in 1997"--T.p. verso.
- 0691057613 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780691057613 (cloth : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: