Encyclopedia of the American left
- edited by Mari Jo Buhle, Paul Buhle, and Dan Georgakas.
- 2nd ed.
- New York : Oxford University Press, 1998.
- Physical description
- xxv, 988 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- The first comprehensive reference book on radicalism in the United States from the Civil War to the present, this work fills serious gaps in basic reference materials on American politics, labour, and culture by focusing on radicals rather than reformers. Merging previously unutilized sources such as oral history with the wealth of insight available from feminist, ethnic, racial studies and popular culture analysis as well as traditional scholarly approaches, their efforts retrieved a hitherto inaccessible history. This book is intended for scholars and students of law, political science, sociology, and American social and labour history.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780195120882 20160527
- Publication date
- 0195120884 (hardcover : acid-free paper)
- 9780195120882 (hardcover : acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: