Handbook of methods in cultural anthropology
- H. Russell Bernard, editor.
- Walnut Creek, Calif. : AltaMira Press, c1998.
- Physical description
- 816 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Bernard, H. Russell (Harvey Russell), 1940-
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Introduction : on method and methods in anthropology / H. Russell Bernard
- Epistemology : the nature and validation of anthropological knowledge / Thomas Schweizer
- In search of meaningful methods / James Fernandez and Michael Herzfeld
- Research design and research strategies / Jeffrey C. Johnson
- Ethics / Carolyn Fluehr-Lobban
- Feminist methods / Christine Ward Gailey
- Transnational research / Ulf Hannerz
- Participant observation / Kathleen M. Dewalt and Billie R. Dewalt with Coral B. Wayland
- Direct systematic observation of behavior / Allen Johnson and Ross Sackett
- Person-centered interviewing and observation / Robert I. Levy and Douglas W. Hollan
- Structured interviewing and questionnaire construction / Susan C. Weller
- Discourse-centered methods / Brenda Farnell and Laura R. Graham
- From pictorializing to visual anthropology / Fadwa El Guindi
- Fieldwork in the archives : methods and sources in historical anthropology / Caroline B. Bretell
- Reasoning with numbers / W. Penn Handwerker and Stephen P. Borgatti
- Text analysis : qualitative and quantitative methods / H. Russell Bernard and Gery W. Ryan
- Cross-cultural research / Carol R. Ember and Melvin Ember
- Methods in applied anthropology / Robert T. Trotter, II and Jean J. Schensul
- Presenting anthropology to diverse audiences / Conrad Phillip Kottak.
- Publisher's Summary
- This handbook of anthropology methods defines and describes anthropological fieldwork in practice. The authors examine historical methods, surveys, linguistic methods, comparative research, social intervention, and visual anthropology.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 0761991514 (cloth)
- 9780761991519 (cloth)
Browse related items
Start at call number: