MEDLINE [electronic resource].
- [S.l.] : National Library of Medicine
Search this database
- National Library of Medicine (U.S.)
- MEDLINE, produced by the National Library of Medicine, is an index to journal articles in medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, and the preclinical sciences, including both basic biomedical sciences and clinical practice. It indexes over 4,000 journals. The database contains citations from 1950 to the present with some older citations. An important feature of MEDLINE is the use of Medical Subject Headings (MeSH), a powerful tool for searching specific topics or for comprehensive general searches.
- Medicine > Periodicals > Bibliography.
- Medicine > Periodicals > Bibliography > Databases.
- Health planning > Periodicals > Bibliography.
- Health planning > Periodicals > Bibliography > Databases.
- Health services administration > Periodicals > Bibliography.
- Health services administration > Periodicals > Bibliography > Databases.
- Database topics
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Toxicology and Chemical Safety
- File characteristics
- Computer data.
- Inclusive coverage: 1966 to present.
- Database produced by National Library of Medicine.
- Title from search screens
- Search and retrieval software, data dictionaries, indexes and file directories produced by Ovid Technologies, Inc.
- File/data type
- Text (periodical article citations)
- Also available in CD-ROM edition.
- System requirements: WWW browser.
- Mode of access: Online access via Internet.
- Related Work
- Health planning & administration.
- Index medicus (National Library of Medicine (U.S.))
- International nursing index.
- Index to dental literature.
Browse related items
Start at call number: