Encyclopedia of aesthetics
- Michael Kelly, editor in chief.
- New York : Oxford University Press, 1998.
- Physical description
- 4 v. : ill. ; 29 cm.
Art & Architecture Library (Bowes)
Philosophy Library (Tanner)
Library has: v.1-
|BH56 .E53 1998 V.1||In-library use|
|BH56 .E53 1998 V.2||In-library use|
|BH56 .E53 1998 V.3||In-library use|
|BH56 .E53 1998 V.4||In-library use|
- Kelly, Michael, 1953-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- The first reference of its kind surveys the full breadth of critical thought on art, culture, and society--from classical philosophy to contemporary critical theory. Featuring 600 original articles by distinguished scholars from many fields and countries, it is a comprehensive survey of major concepts, thinkers, and debates about the meaning, uses, and value of all the arts--from painting and sculpture to literature, music, theater, dance, television, film, and popular culture. Of special interest are in-depth surveys of Western aesthetics and broad coverage of non-Western traditions and theories of art. The work includes cross references, bibliographies, and an index.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780195126471 20160527
- Publication date
- 0195113071 (alk. paper : set)
- 0195126459 (vol. 1)
- 0195126467 (vol. 2)
- 0195126475 (vol. 3)
- 0195126483 (vol. 4)
- 9780195113075 (alk. paper : set)
- 9780195126457 (vol. 1)
- 9780195126464 (vol. 2)
- 9780195126471 (vol. 3)
- 9780195126488 (vol. 4)
Browse related items
Start at call number: