Mau Mau's daughter : a life history
- Wambui Waiyaki Otieno ; edited and with an introduction by Cora Ann Presley.
- Boulder, Colo : Lynne Rienner Publishers, 1998.
- Physical description
- xiii, 255 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 253-254).
Wambui Waiyaki Otieno, Kenyan activist and wife of the late S.M. Otieno, recounts her involvement in nearly 50 years of East African politics, including: her years in the Mau Mau movement; her role in women's organizations; and the controversy surrounding her husband's burial.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Otieno, Wambui Waiyaki, 1936-
- Otieno, Silvanus Melea, -1985 > Death and burial.
- Kenya African National Union > Biography.
- Politicians > Kenya > Biography.
- Women politicians > Kenya > Biography.
- Women, Kikuyu > Biography.
- Customary law > Kenya > Nairobi.
- Burial laws (Luo law)
- Kenya > Politics and government.
- Publication date
- 1555877222 (alk. paper)
- 9781555877224 (alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: