Encyclopedia of animal rights and animal welfare
- edited by Marc Bekoff with Carron A. Meaney ; foreword by Jane Goodall.
- Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 1998.
- Physical description
- xxi, 446 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -413) and index.
- Chronology-- Alphabetical Listing of Entries-- Sources-- Resources on Animal Welfare and Humane Education.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780313299773 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- From the use of animals in experiments to develop medicine for people to the preservation of endangered species in zoos, human beings' responsibility to and for their fellow animals has become an increasingly controversial subject. This book aims to provide an overview of the different perceptives on the issues of animal rights and animal welfare. A wide variety of well-chosen entries, defining terms and concepts and providing brief biographies, are covered: philosophy, psychology, ethology, anthropology, ecology, sociology, law, history, politics, theology, veterinary science and public administration.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780313299773 20160528
- Publication date
- 0313299773 (alk. paper)
- 9780313299773 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: