The pianist's bookshelf : a practical guide to books, videos, and other resources
- Hinson, Maurice.
- Bloomington : Indiana University Press, c1998.
- Physical description
- xii, 323 p. ; 24 cm.
ML128 .P3 H534 1998
- In-library use ML128 .P3 H534 1998
- Publisher's Summary
- "The Pianist's Reference Guide" comes to the rescue of pianists overwhelmed by the abundance of books, videos, and other works about the piano. In this clear, easy-to-use presentation, Maurice Hinson surveys hundreds of resource materials, providing clear, practical annotations for each item, thus saving the user hours of precious library time. In addition to the main listing of entries, the book has several indexes, giving ready information on works about these important topics: accompanying (including chamber music); aesthetics; analysis; anatomy of a Piano; biographies; construction and design; editors, performers, teachers, and writers; twentieth-century pianists; history and criticism; lists of piano music; ornamentation; pedagogy; performance anxiety: stress and tension; performance technique; piano duet; transcriptions; works for two or more pianos. A separate Composer Index groups subentries topically for greater utility. An appendix gives addresses for publishers and other organizations that sell or distribute works discussed in this book.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Maurice Hinson.
- Includes indexes.
- 0253333326 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 025321145X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780253333322 (alk. paper)
- 9780253211453 (pbk. : alk. paper)