English-Russian dictionary of American criminal law
- Marina Braun and Galina Clothier ; foreword by Philip A. Lewis.
- Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 1998.
- Physical description
- xiii, 327 p., : forms ; 25 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. xii-xiii).
- Foreword-- Preface-- Abbreviations-- Introduction-- English-Russian Dictionary of American Criminal Law-- Appendix.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
The demand for a reliable and up-to-date English-Russian legal reference has become evident since the end of the Cold War, which has led to extensive ties with the former Soviet Union in various areas. Particularly, criminal law needs references that bridge cross-cultural communication in the legal arena. The dictionary covers most frequently used legal terms, primarily from criminal law, and other court-related words and expressions. the terms are listed with Russian equivalents, definitions, and examples of usage in English with their Russian translation. The appendix includes current samples of court documents translated into Russian. This dictionary will be of interest to court interpreters, instructors and students of legal translation, and compilers of certification materials, as well as attorneys and law enforcement personnel who deal with Russian-speaking clients.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 0313304556 (acid-free paper)
- 9780313304552 (acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: