Building the public city : the politics, governance, and finance of public infrastructure
- edited by David C. Perry.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : SAGE Publications, c1995.
- Physical description
- x, 250 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Urban affairs annual reviews ; v. 43.
- Perry, David C.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Building the Public City - David C Perry An Introduction Politics and the Engineering Mind - Jameson W Doig O H Ammann and the Hidden Story of the George Washington Bridge Economic Development and Infrastructure - Robert Mier Planning in the Context of Progressive Politics Conditions of Confusion and Conflict - Claire L Felbinger Rethinking the Infrastructure-Economic Development Linkage Public Infrastructure and Special Purpose Governments - James Leigland Who Pays and How Public Works and Public Dollars - Heywood T Sanders Federal Infrastructure Aid and Local Investment Policy Building the City through the Backdoor - David C Perry The Politics of Debt, Law and Public Infrastructure.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780803944336 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- In spite of its vital importance, there has never been anything close to a coherent public infrastructure policy in the United States. Most of the work has fallen to state and local governments. Building the Public City is concerned with the historical, institutional and cases analyses of state and local government public infrastructure policy.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780803944336 20160528
- Publication date
- Urban affairs annual review ; 43
- 9780803944329 (cased)
- 0803944330 (pbk) : œ21.50
- 9780803944336 (pbk)
Browse related items
Start at call number: