SciFinder [electronic resource].
- [Columbus, Ohio : American Chemical Society, Chemical Abstracts Service]
- CAPlus (> 33 million bibliographic and cited/citing references) covers 1907-present plus important scientific discoveries from mid-1800s. Cited/citing references cover 1997-present.
- CAS Registry (> 56 million chemical substances and > 62 million sequences) covers early 1800s-present.
- CASREACT (> 43 million reactions) covers 1840-present.
- CHEMLIST (regulatory information for >275,000 chemicals) covers 1778-present.
- CHEMCATS (chemical suppliers for > 44 million products) covers the latest information from over 1,100 suppliers.
- Medline (biomedical literature > 20 million records) covers 1946-present.
- SciFinder is the most comprehensive database for coverage of chemistry & chemical engineering. It has the world's largest collection of organic and inorganic substance information. The web version of SciFinder provides integrated access to CAPlus, CAS Registry, CASREACT, CHEMLIST, and CHEMCATS which are produced by Chemical Abstracts Service, and to MEDLINE which is produced by the U.S. National Library of Medicine. Sources covered in SciFinder include 10,000 journals, patents from 61 patent authorities, book chapters, conference proceedings, dissertations, evaluated reference works, technical reports, as well as book reviews and biographical information.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Also known as: Chemical abstracts
- Popularly known as: Chem abstracts
- Sci finder
- Former Title
- SciFinder scholar -Dec. 2007
- Updated daily.
- Vol/date range
- Began in the 1990s, current version launched Dec. 2007.
- Available via the web (registration required) or through a downloadable client version.
- Title from search screen (web version, viewed July 21, 2010).
- Access limited to readers at subscribing institutions.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Windows or Macintosh client software, downloaded from institutional subscriber site and decompressed using PKUNZIP or WinZip.
- Related Work
- Chemical Abstracts Service registry.
- Related Work
- CAS Registry.