Handbook of biodegradable polymers
- edited by Abraham J. Domb, Joseph Kost and David M. Wiseman.
- Australia ; United States : Harwood Academic Publishers, c1997.
- Physical description
- xvii, 526 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Drug targeting and delivery ; v. 7.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QP801 .P64 H36 1997||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Polyglycolide and Polylactide. Poly (p-dioxanone) and its Copolymers. Polycaprolactone. Polyhydroxyalkanoates. Poly (propylene fumarate). Poly (ortho esters). Other Polyesters. Polyanhydrides. Biodegradable Polyphosphazenes for Biomedical Applications. Poly (alklcyanoacrylates). Degradable Hydrogels. The Poloxamers: Their Chemistry and Medical Applications. Degradable Polymers Derived from the Amino Acid L-tyrosine. Natural Modified Polysaccharides. Oxidized Cellulose: Chemistry, Processing and Medical Applications. Gelatin. Collagen: Characterization, Processing and Medical Applications. Fibrinogen and Fibrin: Characterization, Processing and Medical Applications. Transductional Elastic and Plastic Protein-based Polymers as Potential Medical Devices. Genetically Engineered Protein Polymers. Surface Characterization of Bioerodible Polymers Using XPS, SIMS and AFM. Mechanisms of Polymer Degradation and Elimination. Non-medical Biodegradable Polymers: Environmentally Degradable Polymers.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9789057021534 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Handbook of Biodegradable Polymers, the seventh volume in the Drug Delivery and Targeting book series, provides a source manual for synthetic procedures, properties and applications of bioerodible polymers. The authors describe widely available materials such as polyactides, collagen and gelatin, as well as polymers of emerging importance, such as the genetically-engineered and elastin-based polymers which are either proprietary or in early stages of development. Section I addresses synthetic absorbable polymers, and Section 2 profiles natural, semi-synthetic and biosynthetic polymers. Section 3 discusses the surface characterization of degradable polymers, the modeling of biodegradation and non-medical polymers. This book is ideal for researchers from academia and industry as well as chemists, pharmacists and physicians who deal with biopolymers, drug delivery and targeting, bioengineering and implantable devices.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9789057021534 20160528
- Publication date
- Drug targeting and delivery, 1058-241X ; v. 7
Browse related items
Start at call number: