1855 : a history of the Bordeaux classification
- Dewey Markham, Jr.
- New York : Wiley, c1998.
- Physical description
- xvi, 535 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Markham, Dewey, 1953-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 520-528) and index.
- The Universal Exposition of 1855.-- The Bordeaux Chamber of Commerce Steps In.-- The Classifications Before "The Classification".-- The Classification of 1855.-- Monplaisir Goudel Steps In.-- "...A Source of Embarrassment and a Regrettable Waste of Time...".-- "...A Question of Justice, of Good Faith, and of Appearances...".-- 1856, 1857, 1858...-- Conclusions.-- Appendinces.-- Notes.-- Bibliography.-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
The 1855 classification of Bordeaux wines, rooted in Napoleon III's submissions of French products for the World's Fair, is a fundamental key to appreciating these wines. This well-documented book explaining the history and details of the classification will be the standard reference work on the subject.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- History of the Bordeaux classification
- 0471194212 (cloth : acid-free paper)
- 9780471194217 (cloth : acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: