Schools of sympathy : gender and identification through the novel
- Nancy Roberts.
- [Vancouver] : University of British Columbia, Academic Women's Association ; Montreal ; Buffalo : McGill-Queen's University Press, c1997.
- Physical description
- xii, 179 p. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -174) and index.
- Schools of sympathy
- Clarissa: novel as trial
- The Scarlet Letter and "The spectacle of the scaffold"
- Changing places: gender and identity in The Portrait of a Lady
- "A thousand pities": the reader and Tess of the d'Urbervilles"
- "Back talk": the work of Margaret Atwood and Angela Carter.
- Publication date
- 0773516689 (McGill-Queen's University Press : acid-free paper)
- 0773516859 (McGill-Queen's University Press : pbk. : acid-free paper)
- 9780773516687 (McGill-Queen's University Press : acid-free paper)
- 9780773516854 (McGill-Queen's University Press : pbk. : acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: