The London Mathews ...
- London : Printed for William Cole ..., 
- Physical description
- 6 v. in 1 : col. ill. ; 15 cm.
At the library
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|(no call number)||In process|
- The London Mathews, containing an account of the veteran's travels in air, earth and water ... --Mathews in America, or, The theatrical wanderer ... --Trip to America
- The London Mathews, containing an account of this celebrated actor's memorandum book ...
- The London Mathews, containing an account of Master Charles Mathews's youthful days ... --Mr. Mathews' new entertainment for 1826, called invitations.
- Publication date
- Vols. 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6 each have special t.p.; all vols. preceded by a folded, hand-colored frontspiece.
- Pt. 3 without t.p. (as issued?); title from running title.
- Special t.p. directly preceding the 5th vol.: The London Mathews, containing a copious narration of all the celebrated entertainments of the inimitable Charles Mathews : viz. Master Charley's youthful days, Travels in air, earth, and water, The theatrical wanderer, Trip to America, and Memorandum book ... London : Printed for William Cole ..., [1825?].
- "The 'At home' entertainments for 1818-24 were written for Mr. Mathews by James Smith; the later ones, at least from 1829, were chiefly the work of Richard B. Peak"--NUC pre-1956 imprints.
- First 5 vols. originally issued 1825 under collective title on the special t.p. preceding v. 5.
- The "Theatrical wanderer" has imprint: London : Printed by & for Hodgson & Co.