Qualitative research and case study applications in education
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1028 .M396 1998||Unknown|
- Merriam, Sharan B.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 247-265) and indexes.
- THE DESIGN OF QUALITATIVE RESEARCH. 1. What is Qualitative Research? 2. Case Studies as Qualtitative Research. 3. Designing the Study and Selecting a Sample. COLLECTING QUALITATIVE DATA. 4. Conducting Effective Interviews. 5. Being a Careful Observer. 6. Mining Data from Documents. 7. Collecting Data in Case Studies. ANALYZING AND REPORTING QUALITATIVE DATA. 8. Analytic Techniques and Data Management. 9. Levels of Analysis. 10. Dealing with Validity, Reliability and Ethics. 11. Writing Reports and Case Studies.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780787910099 20160527
- Publisher's Summary
- An invaluable resource----one that will open up the conceptual world of qualitative research and provide the step--by--step direction needed to translate those concepts into practice. ---- M. Carolyn Clark, Department of Educational Human Resource Development, College of Education, Texas A&M University Since Merriam's definitive Case Study Research in Education first appeared in 1988, significant advances have occurred in the field of qualitative research. To meet the demand for a book that reflects these important changes, Merriam has completely revised and updated her classic work. Timely, authoritative, and approachable, Qualitative Research and Case Study Applications in Education is a practical resource that offers the information and guidance needed to manage all phases of the qualitative and case study research process.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780787910099 20160527
- Publication date
- A joint publication of the Jossey-Bass education series and the Jossey-Bass higher and adult education series
- Rev. and expanded ed. of: Case study research in education. 1st ed. 1988.
- Related Work
- Merriam, Sharan B. Case study research in education.
- 0787910090 (acid-free paper)
- 9780787910099 (acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: