Perry's chemical engineers' handbook
- 8th ed. / prepared by a staff of specialists under the editorial direction of editor-in-chief, Don W. Green ; late editor, Robert H. Perry.
- New York : McGraw-Hill, ©2008.
- Physical description
- 1 volume (various pagings) : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Section 1: Conversion Factors and Mathematical Symbols Section 2: Physical and Chemical Data Section 3: Mathematics Section 4: Thermodynamics Section 5: Heat and Mass Transfer Section 6: Fluid and Plastic Dynamics Section 7: Reaction Kinetics Section 8: Process Control Section 9: Process Economics Section 10: Transport and Storage of Fluids Section 11: Heat-Transfer Equipment Section 12: Psychrometry, Evaporative Cooling, and Solids Drying Section 13: Distillation Section 14: Equipment for Distillation, Gas Absorption, Phase Dispersion, and Phase Separation Section 15: Liquid-Liquid Extraction and Other Liquid-Liquid Operations and Equipment Section 16: Adsorption and Ion Exchange Section 17: Gas-Solid Operations and Equipment Section 18: Liquid-Solid Operations and Equipment Section 19: Reactors Section 20: Alternative Separation Processes Section 21: Solid-Solid Operations and Processing Section 22: Waste Management Section 23: Process Safety Section 24: Energy Resources, Conversion, and Utilization Section 25: Materials of Construction Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780071422949 20160614
- Publisher's Summary
- Get Cutting-Edge Coverage of All Chemical Engineering Topics-- from Fundamentals to the Latest Computer Applications. First published in 1934, Perry's Chemical Engineers' Handbook has equipped generations of engineers and chemists with an expert source of chemical engineering information and data. Now updated to reflect the latest technology and processes of the new millennium, the Eighth Edition of this classic guide provides unsurpassed coverage of every aspect of chemical engineering-from fundamental principles to chemical processes and equipment to new computer applications. Filled with over 700 detailed illustrations, the Eighth Edition of Perry's Chemcial Engineering Handbook features: Comprehensive tables and charts for unit conversion A greatly expanded section on physical and chemical data New to this edition: the latest advances in distillation, liquid-liquid extraction, reactor modeling, biological processes, biochemical and membrane separation processes, and chemical plant safety practices with accident case histories Inside This Updated Chemical Engineering Guide Conversion Factors and Mathematical Symbols / Physical and Chemical Data / Mathematics / Thermodynamics / Heat and Mass Transfer / Fluid and Particle Dynamics Reaction Kinetics / Process Control / Process Economics / Transport and Storage of Fluids / Heat Transfer Equipment / Psychrometry, Evaporative Cooling, and Solids Drying / Distillation / Gas Absorption and Gas-Liquid System Design / Liquid-Liquid Extraction Operations and Equipment / Adsorption and Ion Exchange / Gas-Solid Operations and Equipment / Liquid-Solid Operations and Equipment / Solid-Solid Operations and Equipment / Size Reduction and Size Enlargement / Handling of Bulk Solids and Packaging of Solids and Liquids / Alternative Separation Processes / And Many Other Topics!.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780071422949 20160614
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
- Publication date
- 0071422943 (alk. paper)
- 9780071422949 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: