Of rage and remembrance [sound recording] ; Symphony #1
- English. The 1st work sung in English (principally) and Hebrew; text by William M. Hoffman.
- [New York] : RCA Victor Red Seal ; BMG Entertainment, p1996.
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 videocassette (ca. 23 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
Library has: 1 compact disc + 1 videocassette
|RCA VICTOR 09026-68450-2||In-library use|
- Corigliano, John, 1938-
- Hoffman, William M., 1939-
- DeYoung, Michelle. Performer
- Slatkin, Leonard Conductor
- Lippman, Steven. Director
- Oratorio Society of Washington (Washington, D.C.) Performer
- Choral Arts Society of Washington. Performer
- National Symphony Orchestra (Washington, D.C.) Performer
- Included Work
- Corigliano, John, 1938- Symphonies, no. 1.
- Release date
- Production date
- The 1st work a cantata for soloists, men's chorus, and orchestra, based on Symphony no. 1, movt. 3; written in memory of friends who died of AIDS.
- Videocassette contains interviews with the composer, Leonard Slatkin, William M. Hoffman, and others. Includes the music video, Of rage and remembrance, performed by Michelle DeYoung and directed by Steven Lippman. Introduction by Lili Taylor.
- Compact disc.
- Durations: 12:58; 41:00.
- Program notes and text of the 1st work (7 p. : ill.) inserted in container.
- Michelle DeYoung, mezzo-soprano, male chorus of the Oratorio Society of Washington ; male chorus of The Choral Arts Society of Washington (in the 1st work), National Symphony Orchestra ; Leonard Slatkin, conductor.
- Recorded Nov. 9-11, 1995, and Apr. 19 and July 19, 1996, at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Washington, D.C.
- Stanford, copy 1 (ARS, REC): Compact disc and video cassette shelved together in one container by manufacturer's no. of disc.
- Publisher Number
- 09026-68450-2 RCA Victor Red Seal
- 68450-EPK RCA Victor Red Seal