Music reference and research materials : an annotated bibliography
- 5th ed. / Vincent H. Duckles, Ida Reed ; Michael A. Keller, advisory editor ; indexed by Linda Solow Blotner.
- New York : Schirmer Books, c1997.
- Physical description
- xviii, 812 p. ; 25 cm.
|ML113 .D835 M9 1997||In-library use|
|ML113 .D835 M9 1997||Unknown|
- Introduction to the Fifth Edition. Introduction to the First Edition. Symbols and Abbreviation. 1. Dictionaries and Encyclopedias. 2. Histories and Chronologies. 3. Guides to Musicology. 4. Bibliographies of Music Literature. Bibliographies of Music. 5. Reference Work on Individual Composers and Their Music. 6. Catalogs of Music Libraries and Collections. 7. Catalogs of Musical Instrument Collections. 8. Histories and Bibliographies of Music Printing and Publishing. 9. Discographies and Related Sources. 10. Yearbooks, Directories, and Guides. 11. Electronic Information Resources. 12. Bibliography, the Music Business, and Library Science. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780028708218 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This text has been the standard guide to source literature of music and contains critically annotated listings of over 3,500 key sources. This comprehensive guide to reference sources is organized into chapters by category of source. The text's organization introduces students to a vast array of sources to include: Dictionaries and Encyclopedias; Histories and Chronologies; Sources of Systematic and Historical Musicology; Bibliographies of Music, Music Literature, and Music Business; Reference Works on Individual Composers and Their Music; Catalogs of Libraries and Musical Instrument Collections; Discographies; Yearbooks; Directories; Electronic Resources.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780028708218 20160528
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: