International encyclopedia of dance : a project of Dance Perspectives Foundation, Inc.
- founding editor, Selma Jeanne Cohen ; area editors, George Dorris ... [et al.] ; consultants, Thomas F. Kelly ... [et al.].
- New York : Oxford University Press, 1998.
- Physical description
- 6 v. : ill. ; 29 cm.
Find it Information Center
Library has: v.1-
|GV1585 .I586 1998 V.1||In-library use|
|GV1585 .I586 1998 V.2||In-library use|
|GV1585 .I586 1998 V.3||In-library use|
|GV1585 .I586 1998 V.4||In-library use|
|GV1585 .I586 1998 V.5||In-library use|
|GV1585 .I586 1998 V.6||In-library use|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- "Exciting and fascinating, this reference work succeeds in its goal of bringing "joy as well as enlightenment" about all forms of dance in all countries of the world. An extremely useful synoptic outline of contents" with nine sections (including "Ritual and Religion" and "Popular Entertainment") enables the user to explore dance in its cultural and social aspects, while topical essays complement the 2,000-plus entries. Heavily illustrated with black-and-white photographs, the encyclopedia captures the fluid movement of dance; with its depth and scope, this outstanding work has carved a well-deserved niche."--"Outstanding Reference Sources: the 1999 Selection of New Titles, " American Libraries, May 1999. Comp. by the Reference Sources Committee, RUSA, ALA.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780195123050 20160527
- This six-volume reference work covers all forms of dance on a global scale, from antiquity to the present day.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780195094626 20160527
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- 019509462X (set)
- 0195123050 (v. 1)
- 0195123069 (v. 2)
- 0195123077 (v. 3)
- 0195123085 (v. 4)
- 0195123093 (v. 5)
- 0195123107 (v. 6)
- 9780195094626 (set)
- 9780195123050 (v. 1)
- 9780195123067 (v. 2)
- 9780195123074 (v. 3)
- 9780195123081 (v. 4)
- 9780195123098 (v. 5)
- 9780195123104 (v. 6)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: