The dictionary of 19th century British book illustrators and caricaturists
- Simon Houfe.
- Rev. [ed.].
- Woodbridge, Suffolk : Antique Collectors' Club, 1996.
- Physical description
- 367 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
At the library
Art & Architecture Library (Bowes)
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|NC978 .H65 1996||In process|
- Houfe, Simon, 1942-
- Bibliography: p. 366-367.
First published in 1978 as "The Dictionary of British Book Illustrators and Caricaturists 1800-1914", it was aimed at all collectors and those interested in the subject. Now revised with 250 extra entries and additional colour illustrations, this reference contains details of over 2700 artists and their work. A lengthy introduction summarizes the scope and development of illustration in the 19th century.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- 19th century British book illustrators and caricaturists
- British book illustrators and caricaturists
- Rev. ed. of: Dictionary of British book illustrators and caricaturists, 1800-1914.
- "The original edition of the Dictionary (1978), revised in 1981, contained introductory chapters on the art of illustration"--Introd.
- Introductory essay on the history of British book illustration abbreviated in this edition.
- Illustrated lining papers.
- Related Work
- Houfe, Simon, 1942- Dictionary of British book illustrators and caricaturists, 1800-1914.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: