Making capitalism work
- Leonard Silk and Mark Silk ; with Robert Heilbroner, Jonas Pontusson, and Bernard Wasow.
- New York : New York University Press, c1996.
- Physical description
- xx, 228 p. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The march of capitalism / Leonard Silk and Mark Silk
- The challenge of slow growth / Leonard Silk and Mark Silk
- American contracts / Leonard Silk and Mark Silk
- The Soviet bloc in transition / Bernard Wasow
- The Chinese puzzle / Leonard Silk and Mark Silk
- Japan at the crossroads / Leonard Silk and Mark Silk
- Whither northern Europe? / Jonas Pontusson
- Military spending as industrial policy / Leonard Silk and Mark Silk
- The future of capitalism / Leonard Silk and Mark Silk
- Epilogue : the (political) economy of capitalism / Robert Heilbroner.
Another voice in the post-communist symphony marking the triumph of capitalism but also ringing a cautionary bell regarding the dangers of unfettered free markets. New York Times columnist and Business Week editor Silk discusses the evolution of capitalism and discusses its different faces in the f.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- "A Twentieth Century Fund book."
- 0814780644 (alk. paper)
- 9780814780640 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: