Tinkering toward utopia : a century of public school reform
- David Tyack & Larry Cuban.
- Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 1995.
- Physical description
- 184 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -176) and index.
The aim of this book is to document the dynamic tension between Americans' faith in education as a panacea, and the moderate pace of change in educational practices.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 0674892828 (cloth : acid-free paper)
- 9780674892828 (cloth : acid-free paper)
- 0674892836 (pbk.)
- 9780674892835 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: