Young offenders : law, policy and practice
- Caroline Ball, Kevin McCormac and Nigel Stone.
- London : Sweet & Maxwell, 1995.
- Physical description
- xli, 439 p. ; 25 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 407-415) and index.
- Police investigations and diversions from process-- courts, jurisdiction and trial-- sentencing children and young persons.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This mid-level, practical law text on all aspects of children and young offenders in criminal proceedings, is intended for those involved in all stages of juvenile proceedings. Each chapter includes quotation from, or reference to, statutory provisions, court rules, regulations, Codes of Practice, probation national standards, departmental guidance in circular and booklet form, and relevant literature. Full use is made of flow charts and diagrams to illustrate the points made. An historical perspective is incorporated on the development of policy on young offenders.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: