A right to die? [electronic resource] : the Dax Cowart case
- by David Anderson, Robert Cavalier, and Preston K. Covey.
- Windows/MacIntosh ver. 1.0.
- London ; New York : Routledge, c1996.
- Physical description
- 1 computer laser optical disc : col., sd. ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 user guide (viii, 14 p.)
- Publisher's Summary
- The fascinating and moving case of Dax Cowart is one of the best known and most significant in applied ethics, highlighting the ethical and medical dilemmas over an individual's right to die. As a young man, Dax Cowart was seriously injured and left with greatly reduced quality of life as a result of a car accident. Dax's struggle to die and the arguments surrounding the decisions of those involved made him a cause celebre in the Right to Die movement. This CD-ROM, developed in association with Carnegie Mellon University, presents this important case in detail. The user sees and hears Dax himself and those surrounding him, and is forced to participate in the difficult decisions being made. The user is asked to make brief statements justifying these decisions, which can be reviewed at the end of the session. By participating in this interactive process, students develop, practice and defend their ethical analysis and decision-making using a "real world" case study. A teacher's guide is provided with the network version, to guide the instructor not only through the program, but also through possible uses of the CD-ROM in the classroom, with specific lesson plans and bibliography.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Dax Cowart case
- Title from title screen.
- Ed. statement from compact disk label.
- System requirements: 80386 or higher; 8 MB RAM; MS-DOS 3.3 or higher; Windows 3.1 or higher; SVGA graphics card and monitor; MSCDEX 2.2 or higher; mouse, audio board, Video for Windows, 4x CD-ROM drive recommended.
- Also runs on: MacIntosh with 68020 processor or higher; 2MB memory (800K free RAM); system 6.0.8 or higher; ISO 9660 compatible CD-ROM drive.
- 04115917530 (single user pack)
- 0415917549 (multiple user pack)
- 9780415917544 (multiple user pack)
Browse related items
Start at call number: