Encyclopedia of U.S. foreign relations
- senior editors, Bruce W. Jentleson, Thomas G. Paterson.
- New York : Oxford University Press, 1997.
- Physical description
- v. ; cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Prepared under the auspices of the Council on Foreign Relations, this comprehensive four-volume reference examines the political, economic, military, and cultural interactions of the federal government and the American people with nations and peoples abroad from 1776 to the present. It includes more than 1,000 signed, alphabetically arranged entries, ranging from brief biographical sketches to major essays on critical issues of U.S. foreign policy. The only encyclopedia on the subject of such breadth and authority, it is indispensable for scholars and students of American history, U.S. foreign relations, diplomatic history, and international law, as well as an important resource for government officials, policymakers, political scientists, journalists, and general readers interested in the history of America's involvements with the greater world community.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Encyclopedia of US foreign relations
- Encyclopedia of United States foreign relations
- 0195110552 (set : alk. paper)
- 0195110560 (v. 1)
- 9780195110555 (4 v. set : acid-free paper)
- 9780195110562 (v. 1 : acid-free paper)
- 0195110579 (v. 2 : acid-free paper)
- 9780195110579 (v. 2 : acid-free paper)
- 0195110587 (v. 3 : acid-free paper)
- 9780195110586 (v. 3 : acid-free paper)
- 0195110595 (v. 4 : acid-free paper)
- 9780195110593 (v. 4 : acid-free paper)