Statistics : principles and methods
- Richard A. Johnson, Gouri K. Bhattacharyya.
- 3rd ed.
- New York : John Wiley and Sons, Inc., c1996.
- Physical description
- xv, 720 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Wiley series in probability and statistics
- Organization and Description of Data-- Descriptive Study of Bivariate Data-- Probability-- Probability Distributions-- The Normal Distribution-- Variation in Repeated Samples - Sampling Distributions-- Drawing Inferences from Large Samples-- Small-Sample Inferences for Normal Populations-- Comparing Two Treatments-- Regression Analysis-- Analysis of Categorical Data-- Analysis of Variance-- Nonparametric Inference-- Summation Notation-- Expectation and Standard Deviation - Properties-- The Expected Values and Standard Deviation of X Bar.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Using accurate and concise discussions, this book teaches students to understand the reasoning behind statistical methods as well as how to perform them. The authors discuss the assumptions that all statistical models make, and motivate discussions using examples to show students how statistics are used in their lives. In addition to providing a solid introduction to data analysis, the new edition features discussions of probability, more examples and exercises, and more MINITAB screens.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- 0471041947 (acid-free paper)
- 9780471041948 (acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: