Symphony no. 3 ; Trumpets ; Ophelia dances ; Coursing ; Cantata ; Symphony no. 2 [sound recording]
- Knussen, Oliver.
- Hirst, Linda Performer
- Collins, Michael, 1962- Performer
- Pillinger, Edward Performer
- Mitchell, Ian Performer
- Knussen, Oliver Conductor
- Barry, Elaine. Performer
- Tilson Thomas, Michael, 1944- Performer
- Philharmonia Orchestra (London, England) Performer
- London Sinfonietta Performer
- Nash Ensemble Performer
- Trakl, Georg, 1887-1914 > Musical settings.
- Plath, Sylvia > Musical settings.
- Songs (High voice) with instrumental ensemble.
- Nonets (Piano, clarinet, English horn, flute, horn, celesta, violin, viola, cello)
- Chamber orchestra music
- Quartets (Oboe, violin, viola, cello)
- Songs (High voice) with chamber orchestra.
- Release date
- Production date
- The 2nd work (op. 12) is for soprano and 3 clarinets; the 3rd work (op. 13) is for flute, English horn, clarinet, horn, piano, celesta, violin, viola, and violoncello; the 4th work (op. 17) is for chamber orchestra; the 5th work (op. 15) is for oboe and string trio; the 6th work (op. 7) is for soprano and chamber orchestra.
- Sung in German (2nd and 6th works); the 6th work is partly in English.
- Text of the 2nd work by Georg Trakl; texts of the 6th work by Georg Trakl and Sylvia Plath.
- Compact disc.
- Durations: 15:00; 4:02; 7:08; 4:56; 10:11; 17:00.
- Program booklet includes texts with English translations.
- Linda Hirst, soprano, Michael Collins, Edward Pillinger, Ian Mitchell, clarinets, Oliver Knussen, conductor (2nd work) ; Elaine Barry, soprano (6th work) ; Philharmonia Orchestra, Michael Tilson Thomas, conductor (1st work) ; London Sinfonietta, Oliver Knussen, conductor (3rd-4th and 6th works) ; members of the Nash Ensemble (5th work).
- Recorded May 11-12, 1981 at the Watford Town Hall, London (1st and 3rd works) and June 24 and Aug. 11, 1983 at St. John's Smith Square, London (2nd and 4th-6th works).
- Related Work
- Ophelia dances.
- Publisher Number
- UKCD2010 Unicorn-Kanchana
Browse related items
Start at call number: