The Ellington suites [sound recording].
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
- The Queen's suite. Sunset and the mocking bird (3:46) ; Lightning bugs and frogs (2:48) ; Le sucrier velours (2:42) ; Northern lights (3:33) ; The single petal of a rose (4:04) ; Apes and peacocks (3:00)
- The Goutelas suite. Fanfare (0:29) ; Goutelas (1:10) ; Get-with-itness (1:52) ; Something (5:21) ; Having at it (3:30) ; Fanfare (0:29)
- The Uwis suite. Uwis (7:48) ; Klop (1:57) ; Loco Madi (6:00).
- Included Work
- Ellington, Duke, 1899-1974 Queen's suite. 1985.
- Ellington, Duke, 1899-1974 Goutelas suite. 1985.
- Ellington, Duke, 1899-1974. Uwis suite. 1985.
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- Musical Heritage Society; MHS 7260 (on container: MHS 7260M)
- The first composition co-composed with B. Strayhorn.
- Previously released on Pablo Records.
- Program notes by Stanley Dance on container.
- The composer, piano, with other instrumentalists.
- Recorded in New York City on Feb. 25, 1959, April 1, 1959, and April 14, 1959 (1st work), April 27,1971 (2nd work), and Oct. 5, 1972 (3rd work).
- Related Work
- The queen's suite.
- The Goutelas suite.
- The Uwis suite.
- Publisher Number
- MHS 7260 Musical Heritage Society
- MHS 7260M Musical Heritage Society