An Elizabethan sextette ; Solo piano works ; Groupwise ; Vision and prayer [sound recording]
- Milton Babbitt.
- Uniform Title
- Works. Selections
- New York : CRI, p1988.
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc (65 min., 19 sec.) : digital, stereo. ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 pamphlet (20 p.).
- Piano works: Minute waltz, or, 3/4 [plus or minus] 1/8 :
- Partitions :
- It takes twelve to tango :
- Playing for time :
- About time : 1982.
- Included Work
- Babbitt, Milton, 1916-2011. Elizabethan sextette
- Babbitt, Milton, 1916-2011. Piano music. Selections
- Babbitt, Milton, 1916-2011. Groupwise
- Babbitt, Milton, 1916-2011. Vision and prayer
- Release date
- Production date
- Compact disc. Only the 2nd work is digital recording.
- The 1st work for 6 unacc. voices; 7th work for flute, violin, viola, violoncello, and piano; 8th work for soprano and electronic tape.
- Texts of 1st work by various Elizabethan poets, that of 4th by Dylan Thomas.
- Texts of vocal works in pamphlet.
- Group for Contemporary Music (1st and 7th works) ; Harvey Sollberger (1st work), Daniel Shulman (7th work), conductors ; Alan Feinberg, piano (2nd-6th works) ; Bethany Beardslee, soprano (8th work).
- Recorded Dec. 19 (1st work) and Dec. 23 (7th), 1984 at Vanguard Studios, New York, June 1-2, 1987 at the Recital Hall of the Music Division of SUNY Purchase, N.Y. (piano works), and at the Columbia-Princeton Electronic Music Center, New York City (8th work).
- Related Work
- Elizabethan sextette.
- Vision and prayer.
- Publisher Number
- CD 521 CRI
Browse related items
Start at call number: