Incipit Speculum naturale Vincentii Beluacensis Fratris Ordinis Predicatoru[m].
- Uniform Title
- Speculum naturale
- [Strasbourg : Printer of the Legenda aurea, ca. 1481]
- Physical description
- 2 v. ; 46 cm.
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
Library has: 2 v.
|KA1481 .V59 F BB||In-library use|
- Publication date
- Title from incipit ([a2r]).
- Imprint from ISTC, iv00293000.
- Gatherings (unsigned): v. : [a-d¹⁰ e-z⁸ A-B¹⁰ C-M⁸ N¹⁰ O⁸ P¹⁰]; v. : [a-y⁸ z⁶ A-L⁸ M-N⁶] (leaves [a1] and [b10] of v.  and leaves [a1] and [N6] of v.  are blank).
- Spaces for capitals without guide letters; two columns, with 68 or 69 lines per column.
- Type: (v. , [a3r]) 333 x 211 mm.
- Copinger 6257.
- Goff (rev.), V-293.
- ISTC (RLIN), iv00293000.
- Action note
- Cons. Trans. #3217 (v.1-2).
- Stanford copy 1 (RBC): Rubrication: large initials, many with floral borders, in red, blue, green, yellow; other initials, initial strokes, and paragraph marks in red or blue. Imperfect: all blank leaves lacking. Binding: blind-stamped leather over boards; clasps. Binder's title: Speculu[m] Naturale. Provenance: Mon[aste]rij B. Virg. in Bildhausen (inscription); H. St. Steinacher (signature); Oswald Weigel ... Leipzig (bookseller's stamp); Ewald Flügel library (label).
Browse related items
Start at call number: