Brother, can you spare a dime? [sound recording] : American song during the Great Depression
- New York : New World Records, p1977.
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, mono. ; 12 in.
At the library
SAL3 (off-campus storage)
Request for pickup at Music Library or Media & Microtext Center Request (opens in new tab)
- Crosby, Bing, 1903-1977 Performer
- Kemp, Hal Performer
- Vallée, Rudy, 1901-1986 Performer
- Gray, Glen, 1906-1963 Performer
- Baker, Kenny, 1912-1985. Performer
- Temple, Shirley, 1928-2014 Performer
- Powell, Dick, 1904-1963 Performer
- Broonzy, Big Bill, 1893-1958 Performer
- Macon, Uncle Dave, 1870-1952
- Cox, J. W. S. (John William Smith), 1911- Performer
- Guthrie, Woody, 1912-1967 Performer
- Autry, Gene, 1907-1998 Performer
- Seeger, Pete, 1919-2014 Performer
- Miller, Glenn, 1904-1944 Performer
- Delmore Brothers Performer
- Almanac Singers. Performer
- Evening Breezes Sextet. Performer
- Recorded Anthology of American Music, Inc.
- Brother, can you spare a dime (Bing Crosby) (3:14)
- The boulevard of broken dreams (Hal Kemp) (3:10)
- Life is just a bowl of cherries (Rudy Vallee) (3:12)
- In the still of the night (Glen Gray) (3:14)
- Love walked in (Kenny Baker) (2:41)
- On the good ship Lollypop (Shirley Temple) (2:25)
- Unemployment stomp (Big Bill Broonzy) (2:36)
- The gold diggers' song [We're in the money] (Dick Powell) (3:13)
- All in and down and out blues (Uncle Dave Macon) (2:30)
- Fifteen miles from Birmingham (Delmore Brothers) (2:45)
- The coal loading machine (Evening Breezes Sextet) (2:43)
- NRA blues (Bill Cox) (2:52)
- I ain't got no home in this world anymore (Woody Guthrie) (2:46)
- The death of Mother Jones (Gene Autry) (2:40)
- All I want (Pete Seeger & Almanac Singers) (3:00)
- The white cliffs of Dover (Glenn Miller & orch.) (2:54).
- Depressions > 1929 > United States > Songs and music.
- Popular music > United States.
- Publication date
- "Recorded Anthology of American Music."--Label.
- Recorded 1931-1941.
- Originally issued on various labels.
- "American songs during the Great Depression," by Charles Hamm; program notes, including discographical information; "Selected bibliography"; and "Selected discography" (6 p. ill.) bound in container.
- Various performers and performing groups.
- Related Work
- American song during the great depression.
- Publisher number
- New World Records NW 270
Browse related items
Start at call number: