Rhapsody in blue [sound recording] = Rhapsodie en bleu : original version ; An American in Paris = Un Américain à Paris ; Broadway overtures
- George Gershwin ; [overture] arrangements by Don Rose.
- Uniform Title
- Instrumental music. Selections
- New York, N.Y. : CBS Masterworks, [1987?], p1977.
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Broadway overtures. Oh, Kay! (7:06) ; Funny face (5:50) ; Girl crazy (5:41) ; Strike up the band (7:07) ; Of thee I sing (4:36) ; Let 'em eat cake (8:19).
- Included Work
- Gershwin, George, 1898-1937. Rhapsody in blue.
- Gershwin, George, 1898-1937. American in Paris.
- Gershwin, George, 1898-1937. Musicals. Selections; arranged
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- Title Variation
- Rhapsodie en bleu
- The 1st work for piano and reduced (jazz) orchestra, the piano part consisting of the 1925 piano roll produced by George Gershwin; the 2nd work a symphonic poem.
- "Consists of previously released material"--Container.
- Compact disc.
- Durations: 13:41 ; 18:22 ; 38:39.
- Program notes in English, German and French (22 p.) in container.
- George Gershwin, piano, Columbia Jazz Band (1st work) ; New York Philharmonic (2nd work) ; Buffalo Philharmonic (3rd work) ; Michael Tilson Thomas, conductor.
- Recorded at 30th Street Studios, New York, 1976 (1st work); Philharmonic Hall, New York, 1974 (2nd work); and at Kleinhans Music Hall, Buffalo, New York, 1976 (3rd work).
- Included Work
- American in Paris.
- Américain à Paris.
- Broadway overtures.
- Publisher Number
- MK 42240 CBS Masterworks
Browse related items
Start at call number: