British imprints relating to North America, 1621-1760 : an annotated checklist
- R.C. Simmons.
- London : British Library, 1996.
- Physical description
- xxxi, 395 p. : facsims. ; 26 cm.
- Simmons, R. C. (Richard C.), 1937-
- Publisher's Summary
- This is a comprehensive guide to the works published between 1621 and 1760 in the British Isles and relating to North America. It includes over 3500 listings of books, pamphlets, tracts, garlands and broadsides. Entries are cross-referenced to existing bibliographic guides, and selected British and American library locations are given. Entries are annotated where necessary and a full author and title index is included. The guide contains entries for many rare or little-known items, several of which are depicted. This reference is intended for scholars of early-American history, for rare-book librarians and for bibliographers working with historical material. The author's other works include "The American Colonies from Settlement to Independence" (co-written with P.D.G. Thomas), "Proceedings and Debates of the British Parliaments Relating to North America 1754-1776" and an essay on Americana in British books, 1640-1760.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Bibliography > Great Britain > Early printed books > 17th century > Union lists.
- Bibliography > Great Britain > Early printed books > 18th century > Union lists.
- Union catalogs
- United States > History > Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775 > Bibliography > Union lists.
- Canada > History > To 1763 (New France) > Bibliography > Union lists.
- Great Britain > Colonies > America > Early works to 1800 > Bibliography > Union lists.
- Great Britain > Imprints > Union lists.
- United States
- History, 1607-1775.
- Publication date
- Includes indexes.
Browse related items
Start at call number: