- edited by H.L.J. Makin, D.B. Gower and D.N. Kirk.
- London : Blackie Academic & Professional, 1995.
- Physical description
- xviii, 718 p. : ill., port. ; 25 cm.
- The structure and nomenclature of steroids
- spectroscopic methods of steroid analysis
- general methods for the extraction, purification and measurement of steroids by HPLC, GLC, MS and immunoassay
- analysis of corticosteroids, corticosteroid metabolites and related compounds in body fluids and tissues
- extraction, purification and estimation of the androgens and their derivatives
- analysis of progestogens
- the measurement of oestrogens
- anabolic steroids - metabolism, doping and detection in equestrian and human sports
- assay of bile acids in biological samples
- analysis of vitamin D, its metabolites and structural analogues
- the quality assessment of steroid hormone assays.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This volume, written by a team of distinguished authors from around the world, concentrates on the analysis of steroids in biological fluids. Extraction, separation and quanitation is followed by analysis of specific steroid groups. The emphasis is on problems arising from low levels of analytes in complex matrices. This book should be of interest to analytical chemists, biochemists and chemical pathologists working on medical steroids.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- 9780751401288 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: