Frederic Remington and turn-of-the-century America
- Alexander Nemerov.
- New Haven : Yale University Press, c1995.
- Physical description
- x, 244 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
- Yale publications in the history of art
Art & Architecture Library (Bowes)
|N6537 .R4 N46 1995||Unknown|
- Nemerov, Alexander.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 235-238) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Drawing on the methods of literary theory, psychoanalysis and material cultural studies, this text treats Remington's paintings and sculptures not as illustrations of the frontier experience but as complex imaginative inventions. It argues that his politics and aesthetics are intrinsically related.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780300055665 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: